The top three tech tools that we use on a daily basis
There’s never a one fits all approach with tooling. Over the years we've used a lot of different tools and the following three are our daily must haves
The first tool is called miro. It’s a white boarding tool and allows you to basically do anything that you would do on a whiteboard in digital form.
We use this to build out flows and understand how data is flowing in an out of systems. It’s a great way to visually communicate the flow to internal and external stakeholders.
Here's an example of how we use Miro to understand how order flow in and out of a system.
Our second tool is called loom. Loom allows you to record your screen and voice at the same time. It sounds silly, but it has a wide variety of use cases. We use it as a way to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders on things such as
- Recording a potential bug in a website or email
- QA testing
- Showcasing how new functionality is working in a development state. It has save countless hours and emails.
Our final tool is one that you have probably already heard of and all use. Google sheets.
We use Google Sheets daily.
We use it to:
- Build out dashboards for clients
- Consolidate different streams of data (Vlookups anyone) or
- As a way to visually summarise data (Chart, Pivot tables). It is our absolute go to for all things analytics.
What are your daily go-to tools?